The admission is on a first come first serve basis. The DCTE, GOK is the monitoring and controlling body in respect of admissions, academic activities and examinations.
The admission policy ensures special consideration to the differently abled, economically backward, SC/ST and other backward communities.
Reservation for SC/ST students: As per the Government Order 5% of the total intake is reserved for ST and 20% for SC students.
Reservation for Non-Karnataka students and students of CBSE & ICSE: The Government has reserved a total of 20% of the intake for Non-Karnataka, CBSE and ICSE students.
Eligibility certificate: The students who have passed 10th Std from CBSE, ICSE and outside Karnataka should get eligibility certificate from Secretary, Board of Technical Examination, Bangalore, within the prescribed time.
Eligibility for foreign students:
- The student should get an NOC from the Ministry of HRD, New Delhi.
- The student should produce equivalency certificate or eligibility certificate from Secretary, Board of Technical Examination, Bengaluru.
- All original records of qualification to be submitted.
Reservation for Hyderabad-Karnataka students: The reservation will be made as per the directives of Government of Karnataka in its website www.dtek.karnataka.gov.in
The fee structure for Karnataka students is Rs.13,405/- and for Non-Karnataka students is Rs.20,755/-.
- As per the rules of the Board of Technical Examinations, the minimum attendance in each subject is 75%. 15% concession may be given on medical grounds.
- Category wise intake for institution is as follows,
|Course||Intake||SC (20%)||ST (5%)||N-K (20%)|
|Electronics & Comm. Engg.||60||12||03||12|
|Computer Science & Engg.||45||09||03||09|
Supernumerary seats: The AICTE has sanctioned additional 5% of the seats for all the Polytechnics. These seats will be allotted for Karnataka students without tuition fees as prescribed by the Government of Karnataka. But, development fees and other fees has to be paid by the student during admissions.
- Application forms are to be obtained from the Polytechnic on payment of nominal fee.
- Completed application forms should be submitted by the prescribed date.
- Candidates provisionally selected should appear before the admission committee with Parents/ Guardians.
- All admissions are provisional, subject to the approval of DCTE, GOK.
Certificates to be produced during admission:
- SSLC/ PUC or equivalent: ORIGINAL Marks card
- Transfer certificate (ORIGINAL)
- Study certificate attested by the BEO from the School/s for a minimum of 5 years of study in respect of Karnataka students
- Eligibility Certificate from DCTE, GOK in respect of CBSE, ICSE & Non-Karnataka students.
- Caste and Income certificate.
- 10 passport size recent photographs.
- Aadhar card.
Admissions through Nodal Centre:
Applications are to be submitted On-line/offline by non-interactive/interactive counselling as notified by DCTE, for filling up the seats surrendered by the institute. Action to be followed up, as suggested by DCTE, till the candidate joins the allotted Polytechnic by paying the fees.